This board turned more heads at the 2012 SES than any other. A metal board that rides like an old glass board, but rides like a metal board. It’s changing people’s opinion of what a metal board is. We’ve incorporated our expertise in glass and metal constructions to provide the best of both worlds in a single board. Riders have asked for it and we’ve delivered.
The Proteus is a carving machine designed for the expert rider who likes a board that gives back everything you give it. If you like a turn that ends with an explosion of energy that launches you through the air and into the next, this is one is for you. We’ve incorporated the latest in metal construction and shaping with a fixed radius sidecut to give you exactly what you’ve been dreaming of.
Direct Price: $1100
- Vertical laminated sugar maple Symmetriflex core
- 1 layer of full width rubber dampening
- 2 layers of unidirection carbon fiber
- bottom titanal layer machine to shape and burried inside the board to prevent impact damage
- top titanal is full width edge to edge
- top titanal predrilled to allow inserts to foat in the core, eliminating stress risers resulting from insert movement
- IMS 4000 Electra sintered base
- Die-cut base graphics
- Full wrap Rockwell 48 edge
- 8-pack stainless inserts with additional Vist inserts
- high gloss PBT Topsheet with your choice of graphics
Custom dimensions consistent with this construction available for $1100. Easily adjust the width to fit your foot or request different lengths at no extra charge.